Mobi Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

techbasement - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* techbasement > Topics

Subject: TPB bought by some company
Replies: 7 Views: 416

runestar 30.06.09 - 11:21am
News reached the press today in Sweden - TPB might get aquired by Global Gaming Factory X AB.

And it's possibly going to turn into the next legal p2p like Napster and Kazaa did. (though kazaa was always s**t so nobody but the people who actually have been around in it's time know about it) *

runestar 30.06.09 - 11:22am
TPB still has that rebellious tone in what they say. They claim the site will remain as it is with more financial backing.

we'll see if they have to eat their words in the future. *

runestar 30.06.09 - 11:25am
i still think TPB's approach to make alot of noise and wave middle-fingers everywhere is not good for the rest of the internets because it makes the record companies, right owners, licence holders etc. more off than they already are which makes them try harder to take stuff down and sue sites and people. *

runestar 30.06.09 - 11:26am
i still believe that people should just STFU and quietly do their thing. Not seek attention when it's not needed. *

runestar 30.06.09 - 11:27am
Just because TPB can act innocent about the material they relay (because of loopholes in swedish laws) doesn't mean YOU can. If you get caught and try to plea to your rights to steal something you'll likely get some baton up your b*m. police.GIF *

runestar 30.06.09 - 11:29am
and in low-grade countries like Pakistan for example the militia or whatever they are called will hang you up from a tree and beat you with sticks. (true story) *

runestar 30.06.09 - 11:32am
i still believe that people should just STFU and quietly do their thing. Not seek attention when it's not needed.
This used to be common sense before ''web 2.0'' (before 2004 or so) and everybody who was not an idiot obeyed it. *

runestar 30.06.09 - 11:40am
quote from a news site:

Well thats the end of TPB Not to worry, another site will surely take its place and it too will become a victim of its own success, be targeted by the copyright enforcers and perhaps be sold off when the owners have finally had enough of the litigation or in TPB's case...jail time... Life goes on, the earth keeps turning.

i'd say it's pretty accurate. *

This topic is locked.
* techbasement Forum

Search:
topics replies

* techbasement

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits