techbasement - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* techbasement > Topics

Subject: FOUR PERCENTS
Replies: 12 Views: 751

runestar 10.05.09 - 10:45pm
what? i'll tell you later. *

runestar 11.05.09 - 05:42pm
Rough estimate of how much faster windows 7 can feel to Vista. It's barely noticeable to average user. i'll get back to this on some time. *

runestar 27.05.09 - 04:44pm
This can be highly subjective and is also tied to hardware and installed software as always. *

runestar 27.05.09 - 04:46pm
So when i say ''FEEL'' it means the difference might be nominal and way below the 4% and IT'S ALL HAPPENING IN YOUR HEAD. *

runestar 27.05.09 - 04:52pm
The speed differences are so small so far that you'd have to be a very heavy user to even notice them properly. The framerate difference in games can even be worse than on Vista because of other factors such as driver and game compatibility can be lower than it's on Vista. YES, Windows 7 still doesn't support everything properly. Obviously it's not even out yet so this discussion is kinda useless but it's a fact that it's not that much of a leap from Vista at all. It's still mostly on a level of a VISUAL UPGRADE and a bunch of tweaks here and there. Without the kernel changes this would be nothing but an Service Pack. That's how lame services Microsoft give us these days.

They don't bother to make big improvements anymore. Just enough to ''shut annoying people up'' and get them to BUY the Vista 1.5 *

runestar 27.05.09 - 04:54pm
On the other hand there was nothing really wrong with Vista in the first place. So moaning about it you get what you deserve, stupid numpties.

You get a rebranded Vista 1.5 because they want to maximize the profit from the work they have spent on it.

Maybe the next generation will a real upgrade.

Or is this a start of new micro-upgrade cycle?!?!? *

runestar 27.05.09 - 04:58pm
The fiasco and rip-off that Xbox 360 is, may have turned Microsoft's greed even higher because they realized that they can get more money by providing more costly ''updates'' every now and then instead of making one solid solution. Just in case any boxpatriots are reading: i am not even referring to RROD, that's just a cherry on top of the po*pcake!!1 *

runestar 27.05.09 - 04:59pm
MICROSOFT, ENEMY OF YOUR FREEDOM! (AND WALLET) *

runestar 27.05.09 - 05:06pm
And YOU are voting with your wallet. NEVER FORGET! *

runestar 27.05.09 - 05:08pm
So you accepting the miniscule changes that are in 7 and ignorantly buying into thinking that is SOOOOOOO much better. Note: Microsoft themselves never said it's x amount better than Vista because they don't even think of it that way. *

runestar 27.05.09 - 05:09pm
Enjoy paying 399e for an upgrade worth maybe 10e.

Especially you who have already paid for Vista once :) 2x399e is huge-ass profit!!1 *

runestar 27.05.09 - 05:11pm
I'm not saying you should opt for Vista when 7 is really out (unless it's notably cheap or has something else that matters FOR YOU) but Vista has been out for over 3 years now (a full OS cycle) so where the have you been eh? *

runestar 27.05.09 - 05:13pm
if all else fails, INSTALL GENTOO lmao.GIF *

This topic is locked.
* techbasement Forum

Search:
topics replies

* techbasement

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits